Friday, March 7, 2014

March 2014 Julep Maven Box Review


Last month, I got a Julep Maven box, and I was stupid enough to think you had to order each box to get it again, so I ended up getting another one.


The Julep Maven box is $19.99 a month, and you can pick your "style" from several presets. They give you an automatic choice based on quiz, but you always have the option to change your final box to something that suits you more, up until you're billed.

First look
This month's collection was the "Riviera" collection, and I remember looking at the box options bleary-eyed one night before bed, but thinking I didn't really want to order another nail polish box anyway when I'm not allowed to have my nails painted at work (plus $20 for three bottles seems high to me). But had I decided for myself, I would have picked either this one ("It Girl") or the "Bombshell" box.


So this is the "It Girl" box, three very lovely colors, the blue, turquoise, and orange. I also got a nice little candy stick, which I will use faster and more efficiently than the actual polish. Actually, to be perfectly honest, the polish will probably not be used by me at all.

I really don't hate this box, but I think the price per nail polish bottle doesn't work out in my favor. Even if I had the money, this isn't really one I'd subscribe to regularly, because nail polish just isn't something I'm able to use that much. They really do have a great selection of colors and sets, and high-quality polish though, so don't take my word for it if nail polish is something you can use or spend lots of money on.

I don't know, what do you think? Good value? I will say this, Julep has fantastic customer service. My first box had a leaky bottle in it, and they replaced it for me. It did take a minute for my cancellation to go through, but these things happen.

-E.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment