Tuesday, March 18, 2014

March 2014 Bulu Box Weight Loss Review


I haven't been very serious about it so far, but I'm really looking to lose weight. That said, I ate well over 430 calories for breakfast this morning, because I cooked two spring onion pancakes, and you can't just let one go to waste...

So anyway, when faced with the decision of which Bulu Box to go with, I figured it wouldn't hurt to go with this one (weight loss). Bulu Box subscriptions are $10 a month, but I got this box for $5.


First look

This is super cool! It comes with a lot of hummus. I'll probably take it as a work lunch someday to keep me from eating pizza. [Value: ~$3]


Sounds like it would be pretty good, but it's got glycerin in it, so it will join either my box of "stuff I can't use" or be given to F.M. [Value: ~$2]


Oh boy, I wish this box had allowed me to...not get non-vegetarian items. It's fine, I made the decision, but here's another thing I can't use. It was a bonus item anyway though, so fair enough. [Sample]


Tea! Helps tea is supposed to "help" digestion, sinus health, etc., but this is the "R&R" one, so I'm guessing it's supposed to be consumed before bed? I will almost certainly use it tonight if I remember. Although I've always been a fan of Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime Vanilla tea. [Value: <$0.30]


Another thing with animal products in it. Looks very cool though! I'm glad I have another Conscious Box coming, hopefully I can get my fix of stuff I can use! [Value: ~$1.60]


Now this I can use! The question is, will I? I don't typically "work out" (although I probably should), but I'm wondering if this would be good for before and after bike rides. Will try. [Value: ~$1]

Another bonus this month was a "Yes! Change is Easy" notecard. I didn't take a picture of it, but...and this is terrible of me, but I'm wondering if it will work as a write-on wipe-off type deal. It doesn't seem to be about motivation so much as positive thoughts, which I could use!

As a vegetarian, I definitely can't get $10 worth out of this box, so I shall not be getting this particular one again, but I don't think it's necessarily a bad deal. I'd say the value is somewhere around $8-9, so you decide for yourself. I'll definitely enjoy the tapaz!

Did you get this Bulu Box? How would you say it stacks up against the classic (non-weight loss) box? I'm still thinking I might try the non-weight loss once, just to compare them if nothing else, but tell me what you think!

-E.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment