Friday, March 14, 2014

March 2014 Birchbox Review


This is my second Birchbox, and I'm a little disappointed. Birchbox is $10 a month, and features a variety of beauty items.


First looks
Having heard good and bad things about the Birchbox, I subscribed and LOVED my first box. This one fell a little short of the marker though.


I'm getting overloaded with moisturizers, and this one is a glycerin one. I'm trying to not use new glycerin moisturizers from animal sources, so I'm passing on this. It doesn't smell great anyway. Not bad, just eh.


Looks like a schnazzy product, but glycerin again. And two moisturizers in one box? This is the "Birchbox find" item, so it doesn't technically count as one of the items, but still.


And a third moisturizing product! This one has no glycerin though, so I'm in. It has an odd, medicinal smell, and the consistency of Vaseline (but luckily, it's renewable!). It feels too lip-balmy on the hand, so I'm not sure how much I'll use it.


I got a hair oil from this company in last month's box. Much like the oil, this stuff smells great and seems to work pretty well. Since I have short, straight hair, I'm probably not the target audience, but maybe it will help on bad hair days.


Such a cute package and product! There's a shirtless cowboy on the inside, just as a spoiler. I got the "Pie" color, and it's perfect for me (at least I think)! Also the consistency of this stuff is great. It's not waxy at all, it's dry and yet smooth. Not good on chapped lips (which I always have), but some balm over top will solve that.

I'm hoping this month was just an off month, because I loved last month, but this time I felt like I got $5-6 worth of stuff, and only $2-3 of stuff that I like. I'll give them at least one more chance before I give up, so hopefully they redeem themselves.

What did you think of this month's box? Was it better or worse than February's? I'd love to hear other people's views.

-E.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment