Friday, April 18, 2014

April 2014 Birchbox Review


Felicia (F.M.) already reviewed her mom's Birchbox, but luckily mine is almost completely different! So I can still share with you a review of my box this month!  Birchbox is $10 a month, and features a variety of beauty items.


I debated about whether or not to get a box, and I think that's why it ended up being so late in the month that I got mine. The last two have appeared a lot sooner!


Every box came with "bright ideas for a rainy day," and of course mine was to create a playlist! Totally, Birchbox, it's like you know me.


You know the drill. Breakfast.


The next thing I got was this Cynthia Rowley eyeliner, and it is niiiiice. My eyeliner that I've had for a few years is Rimmel, and although it's dark enough, it wears off pretty quickly (my eyes water for no reason). So I drew a line of this on my hand and not only is it dark, but it didn't wash off completely in the bath. Maybe that says something about my bathing standards, but I'm gonna hope it says more about the product.


The other thing that was in the little envelope was this cc cream by Supergoup! I'm really not an expert in face-type stuffs, but it seems to normalize my skin tone and add a faint color. Also, and my favorite part is, it's very lightweight and you can't really tell you're wearing it. The way foundation feels sticky and gross is what's been driving me away from foundations all my life. Well, that and the fact that I have relatively even skin and don't want to ruin it with cloggers (of pores, not the dancers).


This stuff was great. I was running bath water when I got my box because my hair looked too greasy, and after spraying this stuff on, I really could have pretended to be clean already. Baths are a good idea too though. I guess.


Haven't tried this yet. It's supposed to conquer blackheads and redness, but I'm not feeling poorly enough about myself to say which part of my face deserves this treatment.

I really liked this month's box! It's pretty much all stuff that will work for me in one way or the other. I really feel like this box was custom-tailored to me! So far, Birchbox is 2 for 3, and I've signed up for another month, so I'm curious to see how the score continues.

How did you like this month's Birchbox? Did you get anything cool in yours?

-E.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment