Thursday, April 24, 2014

April 2014 Conscious Box Review


Phew! Finally a Conscious Box that isn't terrible. This still isn't super great for the $19.95 price tag, but supposedly they are changing to "Conscious Box Plus" next month, which will include more full-sized products. I'll still have a box coming for the next couple of months, so we'll see how that turns out.


Still the traditional look for this month, although that's changing too!


I could already tell from the first look that this month was better than the last one.


At first I thought they must have really been listening to my reviews, because this was the flavor I selected that I wanted to try. And it was much better than the plain sea salt ones from last month. Turns out everyone got this flavor, but nonetheless...


I've never really consumed energy drinks in my life, but I thought I'd give this a try. Let me share with you a log of my thoughts:
  • First sip: Mm, not bad! Kind of tastes like Nerds.
  • Second gulp: Okay, this isn't that great after all. Tastes kind of like leaves. I can still taste the Nerds but they're icky now.
  • Halfway through the can: Ugh, I am not energetic and this stuff is gross. Why do people drink energy drinks? I guess I'm awake, but I probably would have been any way. I don't seem to be working any faster.
  • An hour after drink: Ow. Why is my side hurting so badly? Also my chest. My groin. OW! Is this from the drink?
  • Three hours after drink: The stabbings are over, except the constant one in my chest. 
  • Four hours after drink: All better! Not even going to try the drink that came in my KLUTCHclub box. I'm not meant for these things.
So yeah, this is not the time or activity level in my life to start drinking energy drinks, or so I seem to have learned.


This is a baby food. I am not a baby. But I do have some child-like tendencies. I ate most of this stuff out of the bag and pretended it was freeze-dried apple. It was pretty good, although I could feel it turning into baby food in my mouth.


My mother always stressed to me the importance of iron in a vegetarian diet. Iodized salt and that. I guess I'll try this at some point, but it's not something I've ever thought to need (never been anaemic or anything).


Tea! I will almost certainly love this.


Another of these sets to try. I promise I will.


I bought a different flavor of these a day or two before I got the box. Pressed fruit strips are pretty interchangeable, but usually appreciated.


Only one this month, but dang! Conscious Box must own stock in Via Nature, I swear...


Coupons in the coupon envelope! Hooray!

Conscious Box is improving, that's for sure. This has been my favorite box so far out of three. I'm excited to see what the new "plus" boxes will be like! Or for the lesser price, I might end up trying the "taster" box.

What do you think? Have you tried this box? Do you think the plus box will be better?

-E.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment